Day Skipper theory
Cost: £245+ £46 for RYA Pack (most students pay in 2/3 stage payments)
This is a comprehensive introduction to the things that both power and sail cruising people need to know. It is relevant to the experienced and inexperienced.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations (including lights and day shapes displayed by craft)
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
The course helps to provide an excellent knowledge base before attending a practical Day Skipper course.
Dates are available on request and course places are offered on successful completion of a Day Skipper Course.