YACHTMASTER OFFSHORE EXAM PRE-REQUISITES
- Minimum seatime 50 days, 2,500 miles including at least 5 passages over 60 miles measured along the rhumb line from the port of departure to the destination,
- Acting as skipper for at least two of these passages and including two which have involved overnight passages.
- 5 days experience as skipper.
- At least half this mileage and passages must be in tidal waters.
- All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- Certification required A GMDSS Short Range Certificate (SRC) or higher grade of marine radio certificate. A valid first aid certificate
- Minimum age 18